One of the great things about being an academic is early notice of books that update industry practice. Here are a few of the latest – we haven’t reviewed them, just showing you what’s available.
Tactical SEO by Lee Wilson (Kogan Page)
This book explores:
- What succeeds in search marketing but also why, including analysis of ‘ripples’ and other concepts that underpin best practice
- Moving from process-driven to organic search marketing and the value of exploiting opportunity
- The Google ethos and the symbiotic nature of Google and SEO
- How a value-checklist can re-focus your strategy and generate positive results
Essential reading for practitioners and students, Tactical SEO provides thought leadership as well as strategic practical applications for those who want to develop real and lasting expertise.
Brand Protection in the Online World by David N. Barrett (Kogan Page)
This book explains the full scope of Internet infringement, and associated monitoring and enforcement options that are most relevant to brand owners and managers. Covering crucial topics such as brand abuse, counterfeiting, fraud, digital piracy and more, Brand Protection in the Online World provides a clear and in-depth exploration of the importance of, and ideas behind, the brand-protection industry.
Global Writing for Public Relations: Connecting in English with Stakeholders and Publics Worldwide by Arhlene A. Flowers (Routledge)
A book that aims to develop storytellers who can work anywhere in the world. It provides:
- Insight into the evolution of English-language communication in business and public relations, as well as theoretical and political debates on global English and globalization
- An understanding of both a global thematic and customized local approach in creating public relations campaigns and written materials
- Strategic questions to help writers develop critical thinking skills and understand how to create meaningful communications materials for specific audiences;
- Storytelling skills that help writers craft compelling content
- Real-world global examples from diverse industries that illustrate creative solutions
- Step-by-step guidance on writing public relations materials with easy-to-follow templates to reach traditional and online media, consumers, and businesses;
- Self-evaluation and creative thinking exercises to improve cultural literacy, grammar, punctuation, and editing skills for enhanced clarity
We hope you find a good read!
Andrew, Barbara, Chris and Matt